Background

Monday, May 21, 2012

Must-Tell Monday: Musings

There are just some things I don't understand. Ok, there are a lot of things I don't understand, but today I'm choosing to put those into blog format. Maybe you can help me with the answers.

1: Why are women's pants so against pockets? Do designers think women don't need pockets, or that they don't enjoy putting their hands in their pockets? On nearly every single pair of jeans/dress pants that I own, there are either no pockets, faux pockets, or pockets that are sewn-up, and when you tear out the stitch, there's not even room for you to place enough change to get a Diet Coke at McDonald's.

I like pockets. I think lots of women like pockets, otherwise putting pockets in dresses wouldn't be such a big hit. So here's a thought: let's put real pockets on women's pants. Okthanks.

2: Why did Allegra have to go over-the-counter?

During my junior year at Freed-Hardeman, I came down with some ridiculously painful headaches. The on-campus doctor thought I was having migraines, and gave me some medicine in hopes of curing my ailment. They didn't work. So, I went to my hometown doctor and he told me that I had chronic allergies. Actually, he made me feel like an idiot: "You have chronic allergies. How could you not know you have allergies?" Ok, so maybe he didn't say it just like that, but that's about how it felt. Regardless, I've been taking allergy medicine once a day since then. I think it has something to do with life in Tennessee. It hates my sinuses.

After going through Zyrtec and Claratin and realizing that they didn't work even the least little bit, I switched to Allegra. Fortunately, the generic brand was available and so I only paid about $5 for a month's supply. NOW? Now that they've so graciously decided to make Allegra over-the-counter? It's 14.99 for the off-brand, $24 for a 30 day supply of actual Allegra. Ridiculous I say!

3: Why does Diet Coke taste different depending on what form it is in? For instance, Diet Coke out of a can tastes remarkably different from Diet Coke out of a 2 liter. Nothing can compare to a Diet Coke from the fountain at McDonald's--yet Burger King's fountain Diet Coke is mildly repulsive. It's all Diet Coke! Why doesn't it all taste amazing??

4: Why do the signs at malls reserve parking spots for "expectant moms"? I think the sign should say "Reserved for those at least 6 months pregnant", otherwise people will just take advantage. I mean, I'm not pregnant, but I expect to be a mom one day. Can I park there?

5: Why is there a "next" button on Hanging With Friends but not on Words With Friends? It drives me crazy about every day.

6: Why do people feel the need to pull out in front of you and then immediately turn? It's like, "Hey! I'm your dose of patience today!"

7: How did I grow up saying Reese-y's piece-y's instead of Reese's pieces and why didn't someone tell me otherwise??

8: Why is running so awful?

9: Why haven't you started listening to Mindy Gledhill yet???

10: Why don't you comment already? I need answers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment