Background

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

25 Thanks for my 25 year old

The 8th is a special day for us. Today, May 8, is Robert's 25th birthday. Fast forward six months and you've got my birthday. And in July? Well that's our anniversary =)

However, I am especially thankful for May 8, as it is the day that my wonderful husband entered the world. He wouldn't enter my world for another 20 years, but that's another story!

Today, I want to dedicate this post to my amazing husband. And, if you aren't one for the mushy and lovey-dovey, well hey--here's your chance to bail!

So, 25 thanks for my 25 year old. Where to begin....

1: Thank you for always putting God first. For loving me the way you do because of the way you love Him.

2: Thank you for always preaching the Word, even when it isn't popular or easy.

3: Thank you for being the kind of person I need. Your roles always change--counselor, comforter, companion, friend. I love every single way you love me.

4: Thank you for the last 10 months. Every one is better than the last.

5: Thank you for all the time you spend with me. You do so many amazing things, and I am so thankful you make time for me so often.

6: Thank you for being born on my half birthday. All of my life people thought I was weird for always knowing (and somewhat celebrating) my half birthday. I always knew the day was special. I just didn't realize I'd be celebrating my future husband's birthday all those years.

7: Thank you for being older. I'd never live that one down.

8: Thank you for loving Mello Yello. Our marriage wouldn't be as stable if you drank my Diet Coke.

9: Thank you for being a great teacher. I'd never be able to do what I do without you (and I wouldn't have done nearly as well in Marcus's classes, either--though let's be real, I still would have gotten an A).

10: Thanks for converting me to Mac. Who was I and how did I function on computers before I met you?

11: Thanks for abstaining from most of the Harry Potter bandwagon. It's been lots of fun going down that road together.

12: Thanks for loving children's movies (read: the Muppets).

13: Thanks for not eating the Nutella when I'm not around. You know I'm a little psycho.

14: Thank you for having good taste in music. Without you I wouldn't have Michael Buble or David in my life, and we both know that'd be terrible.

15: Thanks for always encouraging me, even if you mostly just laugh =P

16: Thanks for being so precious with our nieces.

17: Thanks for opening up to games a little more. Quelf sure is a fun one and I'm excited to introduce it to my family.

18: Thanks for tolerating morning Emily.

19: Thanks for being so understanding all the time, even when I'm less than understandable.

20: Thanks for liking all the same things I like at restaurants. It makes eating out so much easier (and cheaper).

21: Also, thanks for liking Rosie's. I don't know that we could have made it otherwise.

22: Thanks for trying all the food I make, and thanks for sticking by me, even after the initial hamburger helper incident.

23: Thanks for not making me ride in Sally very much. I reallllly appreciate that.

24: Thanks for reading my blog all the time even when no one else does. And thanks for being my biggest fan.

25: Thanks for being the love of my life. I don't know where I'd be without you, but I know it wouldn't be as great of a place as where I am right now. I love you.

Oh, and happy birthday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment