Background

Saturday, May 5, 2012

God Meant It For Good

I stumbled across this post from my tumblr account, and I thought I'd share it with you (mostly because I needed to read it again).


So many times life gets to us. It beats us down, throws rocks at us, hurts us, tramples us. And sometimes it isn’t just life. It’s people. People that mean to hurt us and knock us down and make us feel bad for whatever reason.
Be it circumstance and life, or just mean people, isn’t it the case that we sometimes question God for the bad in our lives? Maybe we don’t only question, we blame. Multiple times in my short life I have heard the question posed, “Why do bad things happen to good people?” I feel like I finally have an answer.
Genesis 50:20
But as for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive.
Joseph’s brothers had contemplated killing him. They sold him into slavery. He was then put into prison after being falsely accused. I doubt anyone would have thought that Joseph’s life was perfect. And you know what? He probably could have complained. He probably could have argued that God wasn’t with him. But is that what the text says?
No. When Joseph’s father dies and his brothers are begging for mercy, Joseph makes that profound statement. God meant it for good. The bad things that happen in life—the evil in people’s hearts, the bad circumstances that he found himself in—God used those things to SAVE people. 
Perhaps you’ve had some terrible experiences in your life. Perhaps life has thrown some nasty curve balls your way. Or maybe, people have done you wrong for no reason at all. Whatever is is, are you looking at that situation and blaming God, or are you looking at your situation and realizing that God could use you to save someone. 
I pray that we all use the latter. 
So your parents got divorced. God can use it for good. So someone you were incredibly close to died. God can use it for good. Don’t limit God. He is writing your story, and He will give you the happiest ending if you’ll walk according to His path.

No comments:

Post a Comment