Background

Saturday, March 24, 2012

God Has A Plan

Weekends are a time for me to post whatever's on my heart. Well there's a lesson I need to hear myself so that's why I'm putting it into words.

God has a plan. I can say that a million times and still not get the message through my thick skull. God has a plan. For me; for you; for the world. And yet, I don't ever get the message. I make my own plans and get my hopes up, then get discouraged when things don't go my way. But God has a plan.

Emily's plan was to go to Freed-Hardeman and major in journalism so she could become a news anchor or reporter. God's plan was for Emily to go to Freed-Hardeman and meet Robert in her communications classes, marry him, and move to a small town where she could use her journalism classes as a background for editing videos for the Gospel Broadcasting Network. Not my plan, but God's was better.

There are a million other instances like that, where God's plan has proven so much greater than my own. In my every day life I need to remember that He is in control. When I get upset about the outcome of something, or get anxious over something that hasn't even happened, or get upset when things go differently than I want--God is in control. God has a plan for my future just like He had a plan for my past.

(ESV) Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment