Background

Monday, June 4, 2012

Must-Tell Monday: Recipe Edition

I love Pinterest. Unfortunately, a lot of the recipes require a lot of ingredients or a lot of time or a lot of money or, let's be real here, a lot more expertise in the kitchen than I have.

Every now and then, though, you find a super simple recipe and you get ridiculously excited about it. That was me with this yogurt cake.

I went on an on about this cake (just ask Robert) before I'd even made it because I was so curious. Yesterday afternoon, I hit the ground running. The original recipe came from this site, but I've modified it just a bit.

Ingredients:
1 box devils food cake mix
2 packages of Dannon Greek nonfat vanilla yogurt (5oz package I think)
1 cup water
1 container cool whip (lite)

Directions:
In a large bowl mix (by hand--I whisked) water, yogurt and cake mix. It will be difficult, but you're just working off some calories so it's no big deal. The mixture ends up looking like a weird pudding-icing hybrid, but that's how it's supposed to look.

Put into a 9x13 inch baking pan (I used dark not glass) and bake on 350 for 20 mins or until the knife comes out clean.

Let cool, then top with cool whip and enjoy the yummy moistness.

*If you like mint flavoring, I recommend getting some junior mints and placing them on the cake IMMEDIATELY after you get the cake out of the oven. When they melt, spread around like a thin layer of icing, then top with whipped cream once cooled. If you have some left over, top the cool whip with the rest of your mints. Or don't. I tried it both ways, and just plain is fabulous.

**Also, the best part of this recipe (to me) was being able to lick the bowl/spoon/whisk with no shame! No raw eggs, no nasty oily taste. Just cake batter flavored yogurt. Yummy! I may just put some of that in the fridge instead of baking it and pretend I'm eating yogurt all the time. You may see a quazi-healthy cake yogurt post soon. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment