Background

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Brag Post!

As previously mentioned, I want to dedicate at least one post per month to my amazing husband, and today is the day!! While I have done a couple of marriage-y posts this month, I want one to be full-fledged all about my one and only! So here goes!

Robert is super unique.

Growing up, I prayed multiple times that God would just allow me to wake up on my wedding day. The dating process as I knew it was horrible and exhausting and emotional draining and all kinds of challenging. I dated a few guys in high school, and after each relationship had ended, I found myself praying again that I could just somehow wake up and it be my wedding day, and God would have picked the perfect person to be standing at the end of the aisle.

I knew that my prayer wasn't really feasible; however, I knew God listened to me. And on July 8, 2011, I got my answer--as my perfect man really was waiting there at the end of the aisle. But, instead of allowing me to skip out on all of the fun pre-married times with Robert, God's plan was for us to start dating at Freed-Hardeman and then ultimately decide to spend the rest of our lives together, starting on that fateful Friday evening. I like God's plan much better =)

All of that being said, dating was rough until I met Robert, and then his uniqueness started to shine. From the moment I met him, I knew he was unlike any other guy I'd ever known (mostly because I thought he was a professor--after all, who gets to speak two consecutive days in chapel as a sophomore?!). Really, though, the reason Robert was so unique is that he wasn't really a boy; he already had so many MAN of God qualities. He was humble, sweet, caring, and generous. He was an amazing listener, a true confidant, and an encourager that would rival Barnabas himself.

What's wonderful about Robert now, though, is that nothing has changed. He is still an amazing, humble, sweet man (who won't take credit for the great things he's done so far with TLN!). He is still the greatest encourager I have, and still the best listener (and friend) anyone could ever want.


While I hated (loathed, really) the whole dating scene, I came away with the most precious gem of all. I would not trade Robert for anything or anyone; he is truly the one who makes me whole (and better in the process). And while my plan may have been for God to somehow wake me up on my wedding day, I'm so glad that His plan was for me to meet and subsequently fall in love with this amazing man I get to call my husband.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." - Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment